VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a SBA 8(a) Certified Woman Owned Small Disadvantaged Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
The Software Development Business Analyst will work as a liaison among internal and external stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, prioritize, clarify, validate, and document requirements for changes to business processes and information systems in support of Program and Project objectives.
- Assists with Stakeholder identification and Stakeholder interviews
- Defines, prioritizes, communicates, and secures agreement on project objectives and scope
- Performs and communicates results of Stakeholder analysis
- Defines, estimates effort, communicates, and secures agreement on plan of business analysis activities and artifacts
- Collaborates with Stakeholders to elicit, prioritize, validate, and document testable, developer-ready business requirements
- Collaborates with Developers and System Testers to address necessary clarifications
- Coordinates and conducts Joint Requirements Development Sessions and/ or participates in Daily Stand-up meetings as a Proxy to the Product Owner
- Creates professional quality project artifacts such as User Stories, Project Charters, Functional Requirement Specifications, Models, Traceability Matrices, and others as appropriate
- Ensures that the solution design satisfies project objectives and business requirements
- Liaises between business subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project life-cycle
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues as well as possible solutions
- Leads, coordinates, and supports business analysis activities across the program
- Shares observations and feedback on internal business analysis practices, processes, templates, tools, and training materials as well as any information gleaned from external resources
- Collaborates with Program Manager and the Project Team to re-engineer practices for Continuous Improvement
- 4 year college degree
- Minimum of seven (7) years work experience as a business analyst
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced active listening skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems of a complex nature with little guidance
- Adept in a large variety of elicitation, facilitation, and modeling techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, building rapport and relationships to develop an advanced level of organizational savvy
- Advanced in conflict resolution strategies
- Familiarity with various Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience in more than one approach such as waterfall, iterative, or agile
- Proficient in the use of cloud-based document repository applications (Google Docs)
- Strongly prefer Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA TM ), Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP TM ), or equivalent
- Agile Certification (PMI-ACP,CSM, or similar)
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Manager, at HR@vaeit.com