VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
12. Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
13. The candidate will be responsible for user ticket driven tasks related to Active Directory, Windows and/or NAS file shares. The candidate will also be exposed to Windows Server 2008, VMware's ESX Server and Virtual Center, Operating and troubleshooting user issues within a VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) environment, Support server platform - primarily Windows, some Linux, and UNIX operating systems.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
MSCE or MCITP with 3-5 years' minimum experience as a Windows 2003/2008 and Active Directory services administrator
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, DFS-R, File and Print Services, and GPO validation, management, and implementation
Experience and understanding of IEC production environment with respect to baseline dependencies on these activities
Knowledge of Dell/Quest tools, specifically ActiveRoles Server, ChangeAuditor, and Recovery Manager
Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
Knowledge of proper IT security procedures, positive customer interface skills; strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required
Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact HR@vaeit.com