VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
The Technical Writer is responsible for maintaining proper documentation of the United States Naval Academy enterprise enclave network, telecommunications and infrastructure. This includes wired, wireless, storage, and communications environments. The role will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user/service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical design, specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, team collaboration skills, and the ability to work with managers, technical teams and support organizations.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing Senior, Mid-level and Junior Network Engineers, observing daily operations methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
- Writing, editing, and producing a variety of technical systems & project documentation, reports, manuals and training material for a wide range of audiences (Engineers to Users).
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information into organized documents.
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Work with Network Engineers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.
- Coordinate layout and design of documents and work on all phases of documentation.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
- Ability to perform technical research and organize complex work steps in a concise and discernible manner.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting assignments while ensuring technical accuracy, adherence to documentation standards and timely delivery of all work products.
- High technical proficiency with Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and other MS Office tools.
- Experience with Google Apps for Government or similar Web-based collaboration tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Documents processes, procedures and application in a networked environment.
- Assist IT management with registering, tracking, and renewing equipment maintenance contracts and network software licensing and inventory.
- Communicates effectively in a team environment with all levels of customers, management and peers verbally, and in writing.
- Must have a minimum of a Secret clearnace
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact at HR@vaeit.com