VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco/Brocade switch hardware, along with the fundamentals of basic troubleshooting skill with resolution.
- Ability to develop and design engineering plans based on notional network architecture.
- Configurations of Layer 2 and 3 switches and routers.
- Proven ability to understand switch configurations connected to LANs.
- Knowledge of MPLS and QoS protocols.
- Familiarity with common routing and switching protocols for Cisco and Brocade.
- Ability to interpret topography, network design drawings and blueprints.
- Proven experience or the desire to expand Microsoft Visio experience to develop and review drawings, Bill of Materials, IP Addressing and subnetting, VLAN assignments, implementation plans and instructions, and other procedures to assist network operations personnel.
- Ability to evaluate the administration, design, and configuration of LAN/WAN implementations, and additionally must have the ability to identify and correct issues along with perform updates and upgrades as necessary.
- Working knowledge of Data Network Management and Administration functionality.
- Ability to analyze switches to identify device mis-configurations and component implementations that could present vulnerabilities and contribute to a false state of security.
- Must be able to perform equipment reconfigurations, and initial configurations.
- Ability to install and configure Cisco/Brocade/Juniper switches. Full layer 2 confidence.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Strong desire and proven performance in supporting projects necessary to ensure completion of work.
- Ability to take fully responsibility for and complete takes under time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work as a group and independently to ensure deadlines are met.
- Solid team spirit and dedication with past proven experience and/or the desire to mature these skill sets.
- Hands on experience with the development of enterprise networks and installation of high end network equipment.
- Domain knowledge and experience with TCP/IP related protocols, such as QoS and MPLS.
- CompTIA Security+ or CISSP certification required.
- CCNA/BCNA level knowledge and/or certifications required.
- Experience with Cisco IoS and NX-OS operating systems.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches, including: Nexus 7k and 5k, ASR 9000’s, 3750’s, 6500’s, Brocade MLX series switch/router.
- Knowledge and experience with OSPF, BGP4, EIGRP, STP, MST, SNMP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, RADIUS, and TACAS+.
- IPv6 experience desired.
- DoD Secret security clearance required.
- Ability to travel to both CONUS and OCONUS sites in support of customers.
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Department, at HR@vaeit.com