VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
Responsibilities include reviewing and assessing the telecommunications infrastructure supporting the customer’s missions. The individual must be a SME on tactical military and civilian land mobile radios. The person must be a SME on Ku/X/L Band and tactical satellite terminals. The responsibilities include identifying all aspects of communications-related issues and providing recommendations to mitigate or eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a Telecommunications related technical discipline.
- Minimum 10 years primary job experience in two or more of the areas of telecommunications system design, telecom program/project management, telecommunications systems performance and acceptance testing, and network operations management in multiple sub-disciplines of telecommunications systems and operations in the military or other comparable civilian position.
- Experience working in a SCIF environment
- Previous blue team experience
- Broad knowledge and operational experience with commonly used DoD data and voice networks and transmission systems.
- Extensive knowledge with configuration, operation, and management of the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and other DoD and commercial terrestrial and satellite communications systems and networks.
- Broad experience in general military command and control operations and supporting DoD C4I systems including identifying critical mission systems, their vulnerabilities and the impact on the broader strategic, operational and tactical implications on higher DoD or National level missions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to prepare power-point presentations, reports, and white papers.
- Must be knowledgeable in the handling, storing, safe-guarding, and destruction of COMSEC materials.
- Must be willing to travel to CONUS sites in support of customers.
- Master’s degree in scientific or technical field.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of and familiarity with the following:
- Fiber optic distribution systems
- Optical transport networks
- SONET/SDH, ATM, IP, and TDM protocols, equipment and networks
- Encryptions systems
- Experience in one or more of the following: DISN, DSN, DRSN, DMS SIPRNet, NIPRNet, JWICS, DSCS, Milstar, AFSCN, GMD, GPS, cellular, Microwave, and various other DoD and commercial architectures and SATCOM systems.
- Experience working with DISA.
- Recent course work and certifications in the broader area of Information Systems Security and networks such as Telecommunications Systems, VoIP Systems Security and, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare professional presentations, technical reports, and white papers for senior and executive leadership are essential.
- Experience conducting vulnerability-based assessments.
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Manager, at HR@vaeit.com