VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
Skills and Duties:
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience implementing and administering VDI solution
- Design, Configure and Support Enterprise Desktop and VPN Virtualization Technologies
- Certifications in Core VMware technology skills including experience with VMware v5.x, vCenter, Application Virtualization, Desktop Virtualization (VMware Horizon/View/ThinApp), and Profile UnitExperience Designing, Deploying, Managing, Monitoring and Troubleshooting a VDI Environment for Desktops and VPNs on unclassified and classified systems
- An in depth knowledge of VDI technologies
- An in depth knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop Environments (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2)
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Nutanix server based VDI deployments.
- Must understand drivers for completing requests for Virtual Machines in order to successfully support the environment.
- An in depth understanding of Application Packaging (ThinApp and Cloud Volumes).
- Experience Designing, Deploying, Configuring and Managing VMware-based systems for high-availability and efficiency, including vCenter, vSphere, ESXi v5.x and Horizon View VDI.
- Experience scripting and managing printers in a VMware VDI environment.
- Experience troubleshooting SQL environments.
- Experience with Stratosphere and Teradici consoles.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Installing, configuring and managing VPN solutions, Thin, Zero, and Full Clients.
- Experience managing, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting SQL Server Databases (2008, 2012).
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Define SLA’s, KPI’s, and forecasting (demand management) measures for delivering VDI services.
- Build and maintain product and service standards for VDI capabilities that align with technology strategies.
- Assess opportunities and develop automation libraries to promote reuse and standardization.
- Provide input to cloud solutions design function to support the creation of repeatable solution patterns.
- Influence and incorporate security requirements into all engineering deliverables so that security is a foundational tenant of our VDI service.
- Leverage a lifecycle based delivery model that is underpinned by a feedback mechanism and drives continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5 years of related systems engineering experience
- TS/SCI Clearance Required
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Department, at HR@vaeit.com