VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
Skills and Duties
- Must have 5 years minimum experience administering SAN environments.
- Designs, monitors and modifies all storage related technologies; schedules and performs storage installations and maintenance.
- Installs, configures and tests storage management software and hardware.
- Supports SAN fabric using Brocade and Cisco switches including monitoring of usage and troubleshooting; installs, configures and maintains Fabric management hardware and software.
- Performs system capacity analysis and planning to ensure storage management system operation and resource utilization optimization.
- Provides efficient and reliable storage allocation and defines backup, recovery, archival procedures.
- Possesses skills and knowledge related to network, operating systems, Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS) in a Large Enterprise Environment.
- Maintains storage configurations to provide capacity planning and performance monitoring/tuning of systems.
- Benchmarks, evaluates and makes recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of storage networking standards, protocols, security, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with EMC, Nutanix, NETApps, Virtual, and other storage systems.
- Experience with virtualizing and managing IT infrastructures, utilizing VMware Virtualization and VMware vSphere management tools.
- Experience in one or more areas including Brocade, Cisco, and Juniper fibre-channel switches in SAN environments.
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Manager, at HR@vaeit.com