VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
VAE is searching for a Network Security Engineer who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and documenting network solutions. Candidate will work with a team of engineers on projects ranging from basic installations to complex facility upgrades. Candidate will act as a technical POC for a range of tasks on the project. Majority of work will be carried out for the Department of Defense; therefore a candidate with an active DoD secret clearance would be highly preferred. This position requires a broad understanding of Information Technology systems and how they interoperate. Travel may be required as the project dictates.
- Conduct coordination with customer sites to provide a program overview, document points of contact and access procedures, identify potential facilities for survey and develop a communication conduit with on-site personnel
- Review survey reports to include floor plans, ducting runs, and power location diagrams for completeness and compliance; Provide feedback and coordinate updates with team
- Perform technical reviews of site specific work packages for compliant engineering solutions, detailed instructions to complete the implementation activities, engineering reference documents (floor space diagrams, rack elevation diagrams, connectivity tables, etc…), comprehensive list of installation-specific Bill of Materials (BOM), instructions for required testing, and any other pertinent information
- Identify implementation risks and coordinate development of solutions to mitigate impact; Document and track impacting issues through to resolution
- Communicate site specific installation requirements and site preparation actions needed to support the engineering design for inclusion in Site Concurrence Memorandums
- Monitor implementation milestones; Update scheduling and reporting documents
- Provide guidance, technical support, and problem resolution for site implementation teams installing and configuring network systems, appliances, wiring, grounding, and supporting hardware such as communications racks, patch panels, and network cable conduit/raceway(s)
- Conduct final quality reviews, package all documents, and deliver to program customers
- Support development of standardized documents, templates, and processes
- Communicate with project and program managers, field engineers, site personnel, government customers, and contractors on related contracts
Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on working experience with switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, proxies, network security appliances, etc...
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI model, and related concepts
- Solid understanding of IT security standards, best practices, and methodologies
- Security conceptual knowledge to include protocols, processes, architectures, and tools (authentication and access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, malware analysis, etc…)
- Familiarity with common network protocols such as SNMP, Syslog, NTP, SMTP, SSL, SSH, DNS, RADIUS, etc…
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX Operating Systems
- Linux scripting skills (Perl, Python, Bash) desired
- Security+ CE or CISSP (or other operational security certification) required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment as well as independently
- Preferably experienced in a DoD Information Technology environment; DISA experience a plus
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 5-7 years of hands on experience
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Manager, at HR@vaeit.com