VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a SBA 8(a) Certified Woman Owned Small Disadvantaged Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
This role requires attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the whole picture. The ideal candidate is able to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships.
- Maintain the Vice President of Engineering’s logistics for onsite and offsite meetings.
- Coordinate complex calendar and travel arrangements.
- Organize and maintain files, records, and databases, etc.
- Schedule, coordinate, prepare and initiate meetings, telecommunications, conferences/ tele-conferences, events, and other appointments.
- Complete expense reports with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Gather and prepare data for presentational purposes.
- Attend meetings and record, transcribe, and distribute minutes.
- Maintain the VP of Engineering’s task list and follow-up on progress.
- Coordinate special projects/events as needed.
- Read, collect, research, analyze, prepare, draft, edit, and route correspondence, reports, presentations, and other documents.
- Welcome, receive and interact with customers, partners, and guests, either in person or on the telephone, and answering or managing their inquiries.
- Manage multiple assignments with competing priorities.
- Meet short and long-term deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality and deal with information that is highly sensitive.
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Must be organized and display meticulous attention to detail.
- Must display superior business etiquette, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong time-management skills, and be task and results-oriented.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to professionally engage and interact with both internal and external stakeholders at the highest levels.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent spelling and proofreading skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive business and personnel matters.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong service orientation and good judgment.
- Positive, proactive attitude.
- Thrives in a fast pace environment.
- Sets high expectations for self and team.
- Able to handle administrative details independently while keeping team members informed as necessary.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Manager, at HR@vaeit.com