VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
- Strong Cisco/Juniper routing and switching skills, along with the fundamentals of troubleshooting on-site issues.
- Ability to develop and design engineering plan based on notional network architecture.
- Configurations of Layer 2 and 3, switches and routers.
- Must be able to audit routers, switches and end elements connected to LANs.
- Knowledge of and application of MPLS.
- Knowledge of and application of QoS.
- Familiarity of common routing and switching protocols.
- Ability to interpret topography, network design drawings and blueprints.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Visio to develop and review drawings, Bill of Materials, IP Addressing and subnetting, VLAN assignments, implementation plans and instructions, and other procedures to assist network operations personnel.
- Ability to evaluate the administration, design, and configuration of LAN/WAN implementations, additionally must have the ability to identify and correct issues along with perform updates and upgrades as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Network Management and Administration.
- Ability to analyze routers and switches to identify device mis-configurations and component implementations that could present vulnerabilities and contribute to a false state of security.
- Must be able to perform equipment reconfigurations, and initial configurations.
- Ability to install and configure Cisco/Brocade/Juniper switches and routers
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Strong leadership and project management skills necessary to ensure completion of work.
- Ability to take fully responsibility for and complete takes under time sensitive deadlines.
- Accustomed to fast-paced enterprise engineering deployments and multi-tasking of all facets of the deployments.
- Strong self-starter with the ability to work in group setting and also independently.
- Team player, focused and eager to expand technical expertise.
- Hands on experience with the development of enterprise networks and installation of high end network equipment.
- Domain knowledge and experience with TCP/IP related protocols, such as QoS and MPLS.
- CompTIA Security+ or CISSP certification required.
- CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA level knowledge and/or certifications required.
- Experience with Cisco IoS and NX-OS operating systems.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches, including: Nexus 7k and 5k, ASR 9000’s, 3750’s, 6500’s, Brocade MLX series switch/routers, Juniper EX series core and edge access switches. Junos Space a plus.
- Experience with OSPF, BGP4, EIGRP, STP, MST, SNMP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, RADIUS, and TACAS+.
- IPv6 experience desired.
- CCNP/CCDP/BCNA/JNCIA Certification desired.
- DoD Secret security clearance required.
- Ability to travel to CONUS sites.
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.