VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a SBA 8(a) Certified Woman Owned Small Disadvantaged Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia
VAE is seeking an experienced Certified Scrum Master for our Product Development organization. This position provides high visibility across all levels within VAE and the ideal candidate should have prior experience working as a Technical Project Manager and must be a strategic thinker. The Product Development group follows Agile SCRUM practices and is focused on Continuous Process Improvement. The candidate will have to wear multiple hats and will be required to work as a Project Manager while supporting the Program Manager.
The individual should be self-motivated and proactive; work successfully in a fast-paced environment; and must demonstrate strategic leadership traits.
- Guide the Product Development organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices.
- Instill an approach of Customer Delight.
- Guide the team on how self-organization to optimize team performance.
- Guide the team on self-organization to fill gaps in the Agile/Scrum framework.
- Continuously assess the Scrum Maturity of the organization and coach the team towards higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Remove impediments and guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement.
- Emphasize problem-solving and healing.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Work with the Program Manager to update the Business Product Roadmap.
- Develop a delivery Roadmap that aligns to the Business Product Roadmap.
- Maintain updated execution plans for near term (60 days) and long term (greater than 60 days) delivery.
- Candidate must be eligible for a Top Secret clearance.
- Project Management and Agile certifications (PMI-ACP or CSM).
- 4 year college degree.
- Minimum of ten years work experience as a business analyst.
- Familiarity of the OSI model.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced active listening skills.
- Able to analyze and solve problems of a complex nature with little guidance.
- Advanced in conflict resolution strategies.
- Proficient in the use of cloud-based document repository applications (Google Docs).
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact at HR@vaeit.com.