VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
Provides administrative support to one or more human resources functions, including recruiting, employee/labor relations, on-boarding, terminations, compensation, benefits, training, equal employment opportunity, and/or employee records. Processes HR department applications, including employment and enrollment applications; maintains employment records, and compiles statistics for various HR management reports. May conduct pre-employment screening interviews, check references and respond to routine questions on HR policy. This position also includes serving as the company’s Facility Security Officer (FSO), overseeing the processing of security investigations/re-investigations and ensuring compliance with all security requirements.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
- Performing clerical, administrative, and general office duties
- Assisting in HR duties such as employee onboarding/offboarding, maintaining employee records and documentation, background checks, benefits packages, etc.
- Assisting with accounting-related services, such as payroll, time cards, and financial reporting.
- Maintaining company compliance by keeping current on applicable policies such as EEO
- Preparing documentation such as policies, standard operating procedures, handbooks, etc.
- Serving as company’s FSO, performing duties such as:
- Developing and administering security programs and procedures to maintain compliance with federal security regulations
- Preparing manuals and procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records and visitor access to records/materials
- Preparing and administering security briefings, debriefings, and security awareness program
- Process personnel clearances and visit requests via JPAS
- Ensure classified information is properly safeguarded
- Preparing, managing, and interfacing with DSS during audits
- Administering badging and access to facilities
Required Education And Experience
- Associates degree or higher; or equivalent combination of education/training and related experience.
- at least 1 year administrative support, human resources, or related experience.
- Clearable to the Top Secret level. Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Ability to obtain DSS FSO certification. Current certification is preferred.
Desired Skill Set And Experience
- Proven ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and seek additional information as appropriate.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and friendly personality; excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to work effectively with managers and employees at all levels.
- Strong computer skills: MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word.
- Organized and capable of multitasking
- Proactive and passionate about learning new skills
- Detail-oriented with attention to quality
- Tech-savvy; able to quickly learn new software and tools
- Comfortable working long hours to meet customer deadlines
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact at HR@vaeit.com