VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE leverages multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Disadvantaged Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
VAE, Inc. is seeking a Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Engineer (Subject Matter Expert) for JRSS NOC at Scott AFB, IL.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of routing protocols, specifically BGP, OSPF, OSPFv3.
- Configure of routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and implementation of access control lists in different environments.
- Configure and troubleshoot OSPF, BGP, and HSRP.
- Responsible for routing and switching (VPN, VLAN, BGP, and HSRP)
- Responsible for the configuration, performance, availability, and security of the JRSS network architecture.
- Identify and document network errors and solutions.
- Analyze network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 8 years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
- Experience with the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expertise with the following technologies: WAN IP routing protocols (e.g. BGP, ISIS), IPsec, traffic shaping, firewalls (e.g. ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), IPS/IDS systems, Crypto network appliances, and/or WAN traffic acceleration
- Expertise of networking protocols to include IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS
- Technical experience working with Cisco routing protocols in an enterprise environment (static routes, OSPF, EIGRP, GGP, route maps, redistribution).
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR at HR@vaeit.com