VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
- Work within a schedule of 8 hours a day between 6am-6pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional pre-requested afternoon or weekend on-call support.
- Install and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems and standard business applications, including desktop systems, associated peripherals, and verification of operation.
- Work with other IT groups to rollout hardware and software upgrades, implement new equipment and services, and assist with new product testing and special projects.
- A strong commitment to deliver a superior client experience through direct interaction with clients during support and change management.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date PC and accessories inventory and promote IT standards.
- Respond to phone and e-mail inquiries that are placed to the supervisor or technician and directly interact with customers to resolve local and network related issues.
- AV responsibilities to include set up meetings and conferences through shared calendars; make contact with the customer before and after scheduled call to ensure quality assurance; act as liaison for the customer to external AV vendors.
- Timely follow up with customers to ensure problems are resolved successfully and satisfactorily.
- Demonstrate a skillset associated with bridging technical problems that cross-function, such as understanding cause and effect and root cause relationships for complex IT problems.
- Provide IT training to customers to ensure successful use of IT equipment.
- Document, update, and revise all resolutions in the IT Knowledge base via SharePoint.
- Be able to manage projects and heavy caseloads while responding to customers’ requests in a high priority fashion.
- Follow corporate and Federal IT Security Policies.
- Recommend, develop, and implement new policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Years experience requirement: 3-5 years of directly related Experience supporting IT service desk operations.
- Education requirement: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certifications required: Security+ CE
- Minimum DoD Security Clearance: Interim Secret
- Preferred certifications: ITIL V3 Foundation, Net+, CCNA
- Support of Sr. Executives, preferably within the Federal Government, Agency front-office level experience highly desired
- In-depth Desktop Support (Preferably on a Federal Contract)
- Video teleconferencing, Audio Visual, and Voice & Video Support technical experience to include configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic communication systems; assisting installation teams with the final hookup of electronic equipment during new installs at customer sites; trains and instructs the customer on the proper use of the equipment; assists with preventative maintenance and upgrades of customer hardware and software components.
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Department, at HR@vaeit.com