VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
- Coordinate local system security with local security policies and procedures as required to comply with DoD and DISA IA policies and directives.
- Ensure that network, site, system, or application ISs are certified and accredited.
- Ensure that accreditation and/or certification support documentation packages for systems(s) for which the ISSO is responsible are developed, maintained, and updated as required.
- Ensure that all IA-related processes are monitored and accessible only to properly authorized individuals.
- Ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances and need-to-know and are aware of their responsibilities before granting them access to an IS.
- Ensure that all IT users and operators read, understand, and sign an appropriate Network Users Agreement (i.e., NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, etc.) prior to receiving access to IT resources.
- Ensure that IA and IA-enabled software, hardware, and firmware comply with the appropriate security configurations.
- Coordinate security procedures with the ISSM and SSPs, initiate investigative procedures for security events, and institute protective or corrective measures when an IA incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- When investigative procedures must be conducted by law enforcement or the Inspector General's office, ensure that the integrity of the investigation is maintained, prevent the loss or alteration of data potentially involved in the investigation, and keep the ISSM and all other appropriate persons informed throughout the duration of the investigation.
- Ensure that the IS back-up and recovery processes are developed, tested (initially and annually thereafter), and documented in the C&A package.
- Coordinate with IT personnel to develop and test the local IA contingency plan and continuity of operations plans (COOP) to ensure that confidentiality, integrity, availability, and recoverability of critical IS and data are achieved during and after an incident or disaster. Additionally, coordinate with the appropriate representatives to ensure that the COOP meets command objectives and is tested prior to system operation and annually thereafter. Contingency plans must also be tested prior to system operation and annually thereafter.
- Coordinate all IA-related issues that call for local execution of contingency plans with the ISSM, IT personnel, the SSPs, as required.
- Must have at a minimum Secret DoD clearance
- Must be 8570 compliant (Security +, CISSP, CASP, etc.)
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.