VAE, Inc. is a full-service IT Infrastructure Solutions company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are Small Woman Owned Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
Performance Management Position: SME Intermediate
- Contributes to vision and makes recommendations for overall Operations Support Software (OSS) development and enhancement
- Proven experience deploying large-scale OSS systems.
- Understands ITIL v2/v3 based operations management constructs
- Understands Performance and Capacity management tool sets and intended functionality
Competent towards provisioning, developing, integrating, extending the following vendor solutions:
o InfoVista Performance Management
o Cisco IOS (IPSLA)
o Linux OSat
- At least one of these, all preferred:
- Riverbed Portal
- Riverbed ARX11
- Riverbed NetProfiler
o Oracle 11g RDBMS
o CA Performance Manager
o Riverbed ARX
o Netscout InfiniStream
o VMWare vCenter
- Able to read/write “glueware” code using Perl, Shell, and PLSQL languages
- Skillful with typical collection protocols such as SNMP, WMI, VMWare API, SMI
- Develops large-scale annual documents describing capacity management concerns
- Actively participates in operations management advanced troubleshooting (tier 3 support)
- Interacts directly with customers and executives
- Actively participates/leads multi-customer ‘tiger teams’ to solve complex, chronic IT problems
- Presents complex information to non-technical executive groups
- Manages large-scale, real-time performance management solution
- Able to perform and accurately analyze packet captures using tcpdump and/or other available software
- Acts as ombudsman for customer
- Provides routine, ad-hoc reports to executives, technical support, projects, and engineering personnel
- Comfortable presenting to large groups
- Mentors junior staff
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated to self-study new requirements
- Able to work well with other team members
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly
- Ability to work under time constraints
Other Requirements: On call support for approximately one week per month, available for work on one weekend per month.
Candidate requires a BS degree, or equivalent applicable work experience, plus 10+ years work experience in Performance Management working in varied environments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact at HR@vaeit.com