VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
VAE, Inc. is seeking a professional, experienced and highly adaptable individual to join its contracts team as as a Senior Contracts Manager. Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be organized and detail oriented.
- Develop, negotiate and administer prime contract and subcontract agreements
- Prepare and/or evaluate Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and other business documents with commercial entities for reasonableness and consistency with VAE’s objectives
- Assist in the evaluation, preparation, and execution of contract compliance related aspects of
- Evaluate, brief and assist in administering contracts/subcontracts/Task Order with Fixed Price, Fixed Price Level of Effort, and Cost Reimbursement contracts with varying degrees of risk, creativity and complexity.
- Assist in the creation of RFP solicitations in accordance with Government and VAE, Inc. requirements.
- Conduct negotiations with all levels of supplier/contract management. Ensure compliance on performance.
- Have moderate autonomy for an assigned area or responsibility within a function. Act as the primary interface between contractors and the programs being supported for all contract issues.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Operate under the under the direct supervision of the CFO and CEO, seeking approval and review for all non-routine decisions.
- Maintain accurate corporate data records in government systems such as SAM and CPARS
- Knowledge, awareness and practical application of FAR, DFARS and CAS regulations
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, contract management, business law or related field.
- Over 7 years of experience within government contracting.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain a security clearance
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive contract management regarding contract issues of varying degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Will have the ability to learn legal concepts and apply those concepts to contractual situations/negotiations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.