VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
VMware virtualization expertise is required to support both onsite and offsite activities.
1.Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere , vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX) 2.Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment
3.Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards
4.Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment
5.Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft and Linux O/S 6.Within established procedures, responds to end user requests for technical support and assistance
7.Support off hour maintenance activities
8.Support the Certification and Accreditation process for virtualization hosts
9.Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure
10.Maintain current industry knowledge of development concept, practices and procedures
11.Develop an in-depth understanding of the NCE-Active IT baseline capabilities, design and objectives
12. Hands-on experience designing and implementing vROPS in a production environment, to include developing policies and custom dashboards.
Skills and Abilities:
1.Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
2.Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
3.Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.