VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
Manages the security of information systems assets and the protection of systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Manages the security of information systems assets and the protection of systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
2. Supervises assigned staff.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Perform preliminary forensic evaluations of internal systems.
5. Interfaces with client to understand their security needs and oversees the development and implementation of procedures to accommodate them.
6. Ensures that the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
7. Weighs business needs against security concerns and articulates issues to management and/or customers.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Provides guidance in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Jod Description Overview:
The Deputy, Data Center Lead will oversee the operation, maintenance, and procedures of the organization's Data Center.
- Manage daily activities for ensuring the security and integrity of agency data, databases, information systems, and technology
- Supervises IT technicians and professionals, and may manage subordinate supervisors
- Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines
- Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained
- May also perform complex IT tasks
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration, including supervisory experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- 5+ years managing technical teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Leadership and Management skills
- Working knowledge of IP Routings/Switching
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Management Systems
- Working knowledge of Application Hosting
- Working knowledge of Storage Systems
- Working knowledge of VoIP Systems
- Working knowledge of Audio Visual Systems
- Working knowledge of Thin Client Workstations
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.