VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
- The role of the SLA manager is to ensure all Data Center program Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are designed and delivered according to the Performance Work Statement (PWS). This includes developing, managing, and reporting SLA performance in accordance with data center service technical managers, business office, and the customer Program Management Office (PMO). Demonstrated experience with ITSM tools is required. Must be comfortable briefing SLA performance and issues to a wide audience of technical and non-technical decision makers and consumers of SLA performance information. The successful candidate will brief SLA Performance at weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reviews.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Develop SLA worksheets to identify requisite information for consideration in developing the methods, measures and metrics of each SLA
- Establish algorithm(s) for calculating each SLA metric.
- Identify negative conditions or exclusions that should not be factored in performance calculations
- Evaluate each SLA for appropriateness, suitability and achievability
- Recommend changes to current or notional SLAs to better meet customers directed or implied expectations while in accordance with the PWS
- Work with respective service lanes throughout the development and operational lifecycle, including ticket management staff
- Work with external programs managing automated tools sets as part of the solution
- Identify tools for data collection and reporting of SLA metrics. If tools are not available in the enterprise, make recommendations with internal staff for purchase
- Competent with Microsoft products, i.e., Word, PPT, Visio, Excel and etc.
- Knowledgeable of monitoring and management techniques of IT systems, including data capture, extraction analysis and reporting
- Comfortable briefing technical and non-technical customers with varying levels of knowledge
- Able to create reports in visualized forms
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience related to SLA de3velopment and management
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.