VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Senior Systems Engineer with a Project Management focus is needed to provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include: requirements elicitation and reviews, analysis and functional allocation, developing concepts of operation and interface specification, developing system architectures, performing technical/non-technical assessment and management, as well as end-to-end workflow and process analysis. Deliver Project Management/Integration support to awarded tasks under the ITEMS DCS contract adhering to community standards for Project Management to support the delivery, testing, analysis and deployment of new capabilities. Perform continuous status analysis and reporting to ensure a solid understanding of each project's transition status throughout the lifecycle. The candidate will also engage project stakeholders on a regular basis and work to deliver sound engineering solutions within the scope of the project. Other project integration duties as assigned.
The candidate will be required to exhibit good communication and customer support skills:
* Must be able to effectively communicate across the Program, with the client, stakeholders and with other contractors
* Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or with a small team
* Must be a team player and be willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success
* Must be able to manage priorities across multiple projects
* Must be able to work within tight schedule timelines while delivering high quality work products
The Senior Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
* Create quality analytical products to include visualizations, briefs, workflows, diagrams and reports.
* Identify areas of gaps and inefficiencies, provide specific inputs and recommendations, and work hand in hand with the government client to obtain support and authorization for delivering solutions
* Identify and document requirements changes and assess their impacts on the program baseline requirements
* Lead the development and enhancement of lifecycle artifacts required to be developed during the SE lifecycle (example artifacts include ROMs, project plans, project schedules, requirements plan such as SRDs, detailed design documents, CONOPs, test plans, SEMPs, transition activity plans, etc.)
* Lead the identification, baselining, and management of all project change requirements for all Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Change Requests (CRQs)
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
3. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
* 5+ years of experience as a Lead Systems Engineer to include experience in leading, managing, and collaborating with a broad range of organizations and groups/teams needed to accomplish the system engineering tasks
* Proven experience in successfully serving as a Project/Capability lead with the responsibility of managing the lifecycle integration of a capability and its associated components into an existing architecture
* Demonstrated experience in the area of Requirements Management - activities include user engagement to perform requirement elicitation and derivation, generation of formal requirement documents, and verification activities to close-out project requirements
*Comprehensive work experience as a Project Manager or Project Integrator with demonstrated IT history with initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing activities. Track, report and provide alternatives resulting from changes with cost, time and scope of a project.
* Verified experience managing project schedules with Microsoft Project
* Experience in SE related areas such Configuration Management, Change Management, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and Process Management
* Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) 2.0 with the ability to work across managed infrastructure services to create required architecture views
* Experience in supporting Strategic Planning activities
*Experience creating visualizations and analytics utilizing Tableau
*Experience creating diagrams and workflows with Microsoft Visio
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.