VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
We are a Woman Owned Small Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
· Responsible for the day-to-day support of server, app, or desktop virtualization
· Disaster recovery monitoring and operations to include vCenter heartbeat, High availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), and vMotion.
· Designing, recommending, and deploying emerging server virtualization technologies
· Support operations of multi-site and multi-vendor environments
· Performing standard administration responsibilities including:
· Monitoring and providing break/fix support to virtualized systems across the enterprise.
· Architecting system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
· Introducing and integrating new virtualization technologies into existing data center environments.
· Performing routine audits of systems and software.
· Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
· Working with Network and Storage Administration, planning, installing and configuring new hardware and software.
· Answering technical queries from other IT support teams (DBAs, app development, Networking, etc.)
· Documenting the configuration of the infrastructure.
· Troubleshooting any reported problems.
· System performance tuning.
· Responding and resolving service outages and interruptions.
· Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and technologies for server virtualization.
· Identify trends and abnormalities and proactively take steps to prevent performance impacts to virtual environment and business function.
· Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise virtual environment and business function.
· Take lead in the research, planning and implementation of server virtualization projects in accordance with and in support of RRMC IT goals and objectives.
· Provide on-going training and technical direction to other team members pertaining to virtualization optimization, installation, upgrades, configuration, and troubleshooting.
MUST HAVE A TOP SECRET DOD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SCI ELIGIBLE)
SECURITY + CE CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.