VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
- Secret clearance or higher level required
- Strong familiarity with DOD language and vernacular; background in military/government strongly suggested (either a dependent, former mil/gov employee, or someone with experience as contractor for DOD or similar branch).
- Familiarity and experience working with FAR and JTR; can interpret and understand requirements and obligations associated with such.
- Must be able to speak fluidly and have familiarity regarding DOD contracts i.e. modifications “mods,” POP, burn, COR (contracting officer representative), KO (contracting officer), etc.
- Strong communication skills in working with high level government personnel (civil servants SES and GS-15’s) and high level military personnel (colonels, ltc’s).
- Ability and familiarity with DOD requirements: i.e. compliance training requirements, DOD 8570 compliance requirements, security requirements.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Excel in order to track project burn rates, personnel, compile and maintain project rosters.
- Entry to intermediate experience in Microsoft Project in order to comfortably work and make changes to IMS (integrated master schedule).
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint in order to create and assist in compiling reports and presentations for government/project review.
- Familiarity with government/military invoice process, financial background/experience is a plus.
- Comfortable being main POC for communication with government.
- Experience tracking and approving labor on a monthly basis to include approval of all project personnel time sheets on a bi-weekly basis.
- IT network familiarity not required, but would be of help in understanding projects.
Comfortable working closely with and supporting a team
Experience with project scheduling, logistics, procurement, status reports, travel and asset tracking.
- Keen eye for detail; experience preparing and reviewing invoicing packages.
- Ability to research, problem solve, and communicate with a team regarding issues and resolutions
- Ability to act as liaison between management and team for all issues and resolutions.
- Responsible for managing expense review schedule and reviewing ALL project expenses for VAE to include travel, material, and labor before submission to Accounting.
- Responsible for acting as VAE representative to travel and material related partners i.e. Verizon, Enterprise, Hertz, Concur, FedEx, etc.
- Serve as member of the PMO team and as PCO representative.
- Familiarity with Concur, Deltek, Trello and Gmail.
- Experience reporting on high level issues on weekly standups with upper management.
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Department at HR@vaeit.com.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed