VAE, Inc. is a full-service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
The Proposal Manager will provide leadership and direction for the proposal development team in support of the business unit’s strategic business plan. Leads and strengthens proposal development processes and is responsible for managing all resources essential to the proposal process and the execution/delivery of a proposal.
The ideal candidate will have significant acumen related to all aspects of federal procurement, as well as strong organization, management, and communication capabilities. In addition, the ideal candidate will be adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects and deadlines and executing high-quality work products under tight deadlines. This position will work closely with VAE leadership, client-facing project/program managers, and other employees at all levels.
- Leads and manages the bid team with respect to the technical proposal, cost estimations and pricing strategies.
- Manages and coordinates the development of proposals and other related deliverables ensuring proper strategies are developed, assignments are made and submitted, milestones are met, reviews are conducted, and quality is achieved from all parties involved.
- Collaborate with Contracts Manager to ensure that all appropriate NDAs and Teaming Agreements are in place with subcontractors/vendors, and that flow-down Terms and Conditions have been accepted.
- Lead strategy sessions on assigned proposals to develop win themes, and other strategic approaches to developing a winning proposal.
- Serve as the VAE liaison with procurement and agency officials regarding procurement actions.
- Manages the assigned proposal team for each proposal to ensure capture strategies, win themes, and discriminators for each proposal are reflected in final submissions.
- Ensures that the proposal is developed and Contracts Manager delivers on time and compliant with RFP.
- Identifies potential proposal risks and develops avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Performs as a capable manager by communicating and negotiating project deadlines, project scope, time estimates and schedule changes.
- Ability to grow and build a team.
- Facilitates post-submittal activities such as securely archiving proposal development materials, records, documents, and lesson learned activities.
- Other duties as assigned to support the business development, marketing, and proposal functions.
- A bachelor's degree in a business-related field.
- 5+ years of federal proposal experience.
- Well versed in competitive pricing methodologies.
- Excellent communication and IT fluency with In-depth knowledge of the industry.
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting, presentation, closing and marketing.
- Ability to handle pressures and meet deadlines.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information within and external to VAE.
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Manager, at HR@vaeit.com