VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients’ mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions.
We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years or more of professional experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Splunk Administrator certification
- Splunk Developer certification
- Current IAT II 8570 Certification (Security+ce, CISSP, etc)
- A DoD Secret clearance is required to work on this program. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
The successful candidate will be able to do the following Splunk tasks:
- Onboarding Splunk ES critical data sources - ingestion of critical data sources/data logs from the enterprise into the SIEM (Security Information Event Management) tool to meet the Splunk ES (Enterprise Security) implementation
- Normalizing Log Data to CIM (Common Information Model) as required by Splunk ES (Enterprise Security) to meet the provided security use cases (Rules/Alerts)
- Create viewable Splunk dashboards to provide visibility into ingested log data
- Create alerts that trigger/activate on configured setting to deploy or sends a note/email/attachments to a particulate destination email or groups
- Create security rules (alerts) that trigger on anomalous activities or threat detections
- Splunk Support - Assisting Customers with any issues when ingestion of logs that are not working properly. Or, communication issues with Splunk.
- Resolving Splunk infrastructure or system issues.
- Splunk Admin certification
- Well versed in TCP/IP communications
- Unix server construction, configuration, and maintenance
- General knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network
- Familiarity with the MS Office tool suite.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and be able to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Prior experience as a network intrusion analyst or Security Operations Center analyst.
- Experience configuring and maintaining the tool in a multi-tenant environment using VLANs to differentiate customers’ traffic
- Experience with one or more of the other CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
- Tipping Point
- ELK tools
VAE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please contact VAE's HR Department at HR@vaeit.com.